Travelling on the network
Welcome to your central stop for information about travelling on the public transport network in Melbourne and Victoria.
Getting around on trains, trams and buses is easy when you have the right information for your journey.
- Accessible transport: Public transport in Victoria is being made more accessible to support the needs and aspirations of people with disabilities.
- Travelling safely: some safe travel tips to help you enjoy a comfortable journey.
- Visiting Melbourne and Victoria: tourists and visitors can find everything they need to know about travelling around this fantastic state, including airport buses.
- Lost property: find out the process for locating your property you have lost on the public transport network.
- Night Network: Night Network is the all-night public transport service on Friday and Saturday nights. It includes metropolitan trains, trams and buses, and regional coaches.
- School buses: Everything you need to know about travelling on school buses in metropolitan and regional Victoria.
- Bikes and public transport: Information to help you get around safely and easily when combining bike riding with public transport travel.
- Animals on public transport: You can bring dogs and some other animals with you on public transport under certain conditions.
- Luggage: find out the rules and process for taking luggage on public transport.
- Interstate travel: information on interstate travel to and from Melbourne.
- Ferries: Find out about the Western Port Ferry, Westgate Punt and Port Phillip ferry services.
- Telebuses: Telebuses are demand-responsive services. Passengers can board or leave buses at one of the fixed stops in the area or can be picked up or dropped off at home.
- Airport buses: Several airport bus services connect the suburbs and regional centres to both Melbourne and Avalon Airports.